Our next Technician License class starts January 21!
The purpose of the Tompkins County Amateur Radio Association (TCARA) is:
- to provide an organization to promote and maintain cooperation among it's members in the advancement, education, and enjoyment of amateur radio
- to further the interest of amateur radio in the local community
- to sponsor amateur radio related educational and testing activities
- to provide training for emergency communications
- to provide communication for the local community when necessary
- and to sponsor hamfests and other fund raising activities to support the operation and maintenance of the association's repeaters.
The Association meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m., at the Tompkins County Department of Emergency Response, 92 Brown Road, Ithaca, New York. All are welcome to attend!
The Tompkins County Amateur Radio Association, formerly known as the Tompkins County Amateur Radio Club, is the present-day incarnation of the original Ithaca Mike and Key Club, started in the 1950's. The name was changed to TCARC circa 1972, and TCARA in the 2000's. The TCARA Call Sign, AF2A, was transferred to the club in lasting memory of one of the club's founders, Ray Reynolds.